Friday 22 January 2016

Animatic

For the Animatic we we're given positive and negative criticism and feedback given to us on what was thought to have some improvements.

The questions we we're being assessed on was the following:

  • Is the narrative clear?

  • Have the group framed the images appropriately?
  • Have the group chosen the most effective shot types?
  • Is the film opening around 2 minutes in length?
  • Have the group included appropriate ident(s) & titles?
  • Does the soundtrack effectively support the images?
  • Does this Animatic suggest that the group is ready for the shooting phase of the production process?
Our feedback was delivered to us by Tina who is also studying Media and has been now for some time, so she knows what she is on about. 


1) I understood the narrative until it got to the ending. I was quite confused about what was actually happening and the lack of background music really made me unsure of how to feel. The dialogue really helped me to understand it though. Flashbacks are hard to show in animatic so I can understand why I maybe misunderstood what was going on but do some research so you can achieve a good effect in your film rough cut.

2) I think you have framed them well and the images are quite clear too.

3) I think you have given the shot types a lot of thought and you have definitely used a variety of shots from close ups to mid shots and you have used them appropriately too. Maybe you should give more thought to the camera movements specifically too.

4) 2:30 – You need to really cut this down which means cutting out some scenes or time that isn’t much important. There is also no ident to this which needs 6 seconds for 2 so you need to think about cutting is down to meet the 2 minute criteria.

5) There is no ident and you really need to include this. I also think that you should maybe move the title to the beginning or the end instead of bang on in the middle. Its up to you really I just think it would be more effective at the end or beginning. You should use some titles as well because this is a key part really so give this some good thought.

6) There is hardly any music in the background, which really made a huge impact. A soundtrack is a very important thing in a film and you really need to find music to make your film the best possible film opening it can be. Soundtrack really helps to set the scene and I would really suggest spending a lot of time on this.7) I think you still need to plan things more thoroughly and you need to give the film a little more attention to detail. You are pretty much nearly ready just little more work and I think you would be ready to shoot.

Here is Optical Productions Animatic:

 

My next post will be the Risk Assessment